Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Using WPFToolkit.Extended in a MEF component

I'm developing a MEF component that utilizes WPFToolkit.Extended when I kept getting the following error:

{"Could not load file or assembly 'WPFToolkit.Extended, PublicKeyToken=3e4669d2f30244f4' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."}.


I'm looking in the Extensions folder and seeing it.  Ok, maybe Prism (one dependency) is missing.  Now to the fusion log. 
 
It lists the all the locations it looks for the DLL (probing paths), I notice that the extension path is not in there.  And thus lies the problem. 
 
You can place it in any of the probing paths from what I've seen (depending on order) but I personally chose to put it in /PrivateAssemblies for the time being. 
 
I'll fix when I deploy my VSIX for public consumption, but for the time being had to manually copy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment